||10mm thickness, 22mm lug width
||316L Stainless Steel Static Bezel
||316L Stainless Steel Case
||The dial is made of a 4 billion years old extraterrestrial rock called Muonionalusta. This meteorite blasted into the Earth atmosphere some four ice ages ago into an area north of the Arctic circle.
||Black Leather Strap with Quick Release and Micro-extension function.
||Sapphire crystal (front and back) with anti-reflection treatment
||Swiss Made Sellita SW200-1 (self-winding) Automatic (Chronometer grade), officially certified by COSC. 26 jewels and glucydur balance wheel. Date display. Custom-built skeleton rotor with thermally blued screws. 38 hours power reserve.
||Hours, minutes, seconds, date
||10 bar (100 metres / 330 feet)
LIMITED 50 PIECES ALL OVER THE WORLD
The dial is made of a 4 billion years old extraterrestrial rock called Muonionalusta. This meteorite blasted into the Earth atmosphere some four ice ages ago into an area north of the Arctic circle. To make the dial, special machining and treatment is required to reveal the distinctive characteristic of this iron meteorite. The beautiful equilateral triangles that create the Widmanstätten pattern is a result of very slow cooling over millions of years, whereas the crystalline structure of the minerals within the core of the asteroid changes. Since the textures are organic and cannot be artificially reproduced, each single dial is a completely unique piece. Hands and indexes are filled with BGW9 Super-LumiNova.
The Essence combines elegance and robustness in a Swiss mechanical high precision timepiece. With its patented Case Suspension System, waterproof case, COSC-certified Swiss Automatic movement and flawless hand-finished surfaces, the Formex Essence is a study in what it means to have the best of both worlds. On top of that, unique features, such as our patented Micro-Adjustment System, will make the Essence wear exceptionally comfortable on your wrist.
- Robust. It may take on the look of an elegant evening watch, but the Essence carries the Formex reputation for sporty durability.
- Luxurious. Hand-finished with undiluted passion, the Essence is crafted with an execution only found in high-end timepieces. The movement's accuracy has been tested and certified by COSC, the official Swiss Testing Institute for Swiss Chronometer.
- Comfortable. Our patented Case Suspension System and carbon fiber composite clasp with patented Fine Adjustment System adapt to your wrist movements and daily adventures.
- Bold. Above a complex construction lies an elaborate case with brushed stainless steel and mirror polished bevels. To create perfect angles and a razor-sharp look, the horizontal lines on the dial are CNC machined one by one.
- Yours. You don’t have to sit in the lap of luxury to put something luxurious on your wrist. Our direct-to-consumer approach means you'll get high quality watches at a fraction of the cost of any comparable Swiss timepiece.
- Swiss Made Automatic movement : An Automatic, also called self-winding watch, is a mechanical watch in which the mainspring is wound automatically as a result of the natural motion of the wearer's arm, to provide energy to run the watch, making manual winding unnecessary. All our Automatic movements are manufactured in Switzerland.
- Chronometer : A chronometer is a watch that has been tested and certified to meet the most strict precision and accuracy standards. “Chronometer” isn’t just a name that any watch brand can print on the dial of its watches. It is an official nomenclature, defined by precise rules, which lay down the definition of the term “chronometer”, describing the categories, the test program and the acceptable minimum requirements for wrist chronometers. In Switzerland, the COSC, or Contrôle Officiel Suisse des Chronomètres, is the only official organisation allowed to certify chronometers.
- Patented Case Suspension System : Modeled with high-performance bikes and racing cars in mind, Formex’s patented Case Suspension System works by integrating four springs between the upper and lower watch case. The result is the ultimate shock absorption system designed to protect the watch movement and deliver unparalleled comfort to the wearer.
- Patented Micro-Adjustment System : This watch features an ultra-strong and light-weight folding clasp, made of carbon fiber composite and a stainless steel or titanium buckle. The gradual fine adjustment system allows you to tighten or loosen the strap length when the wrist size varies due to temperature and activity.
- Tool-free change of straps/bracelet : All straps and bracelets can be interchanged by hand without the use of any tools and in a few mere seconds. This allows you to easily swap straps on the go and wear your personal style for any occasion.
- Sapphire crystal : A sapphire crystal or “glass” is a very hard, transparent material made of crystallizing pure aluminium oxide at extremely high temperatures. Sapphire is one of the hardest substances on earth. It measures 9 on the Mohs scale (diamond measures 10, the highest rating), which is a system for rating the relative hardness of various materials, making it virtually scratch proof.
- Anti-reflective (AR) coating : Applying AR coating will limit the reflection on a sapphire or mineral glass to a very low level.